.....................

Tuesday, August 01, 2006
 

On my return

I find it exceedingly funny that less than a week after my return, I should be the subject of an erudite writer's journal ( someone told me that it was called a blog, but what an awkward word!).

Less funny is how this Sigaw ng Bayan seems to want to create a subliminal association between their organization and my mythos ( it would be false modesty to call it otherwise). It would seem that they are gently conditioning the people to accept authoritarianism once more by evoking the symbolism I activated and the rhetoric I used back in the day.

I find this annoying for two reasons: first, because I think the time for authoritarianism has passed. I made the mistake of not recognizing that moment in history when my model of governance slipped into anachronism, it would be a shame if my beloved country didn't learn from my error.

And second, I find it personally offensive that people should make such grandiose claims of fighting autocracy when their principal ( or so I have been told. I have much catching up to do) is not exactly a paragon of egalitarianism.

Apparently, things haven't changed that much in this country I love.
 

Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home
>>LIMAHONG
Name: FM
Location:

Many of us don't know it, but Limahong had Manila infested for many, many years until he was driven out towards Pangasinan. That is why many of the people of Ilocos and Pangasinan are alleged to have been descended from Chinese pirates. I am not exempted from that charge. That was one of the first political attacks against me when I first ran for public office. "How can you trust this man, Marcos, he is descended from Chinese pirates?"

>>VONNEGUT

It is a very mixed blessing to be brought back from the dead.


Most images: The Foundation
Most quotes: The Foundation
Everything else: Mine

>>COMMENTARIAT

FIGURE IT OUT
  • Blogger
  • Google



  •  

         HOME

         .....................

        

         .....................

         RECENT POSTS



         .....................

        

         .....................